1.8.2. The workspace¶
To help you get acquainted with the CargoX Platform user interface, here is a quick overview:
(1) Inbox: The main, central part of the screen lists the smart envelopes that hold documents. Each entry represents a smart envelope, and the rounded icons represent the attached documents. Click on the envelope entry to open a side panel with more details. To learn more read about the Smart envelopes and documents.
(2) Search: A powerful search allows you to quickly find any document. Enter search terms in the search entry field. You can narrow your search by using the tags like Sender: or Document type:. Although most of the documents are unstructured PDF documents, the search also tries to find matching keywords in the content of these documents. To achieve the best results, use tags, and the manually entered metadata when uploading new documents.
(3) Compose button: This starts the process of creating a new smart envelope and documents. This process allows you to send multiple documents and a message for the recipient, as well as transfer ownership of the documents.
(4) Mail folders: Your envelopes (they operate similar to email) are sorted in folders.
The Inbox folder contains documents currently in your possession - you own these documents. You can perform actions on all the documents you own.
The Drafts folder contains all the envelopes you started working on.
The Sent folder contains envelopes that you sent to companies you are connected with.
The Archive folder is a place where you archive envelopes and documents you have completed working on.
The Incoming folder appears only when you have a pending incoming envelope for which you need to manually confirm the acceptance and cover sending costs.
The Returned folder will contain all envelopes and documents that were not delivered to the recipient.
(5) Manage: This section allows you to manage your company's account details.
Rules and Filters allow you to set up custom notifications depending on various rules. For example, send an email notification to Jim if we received a document from company ABC where there is a B/L document with voyage number 123, or similar.
Contacts: See details of the companies you are connected to on the CargoX Platform. In the contacts, you can send an invitation to connect to other companies, such as business and transport partners. As a security feature you can only exchange envelopes and documents with companies you are connected to, therefore it is mandatory to be connected.
(6) Account: Holds your account-specific settings.
The Company details section allows you to enter all of your company's contact and business details needed for business purposes, including address, VAT number, and logo (only if you are authorized to do so). Please enter them correctly and fully.
The Users section is where you create the CargoX Platform accounts for your co-workers and manage their permissions and blockchain keys (only if you have permission to do so). You can add unlimited users under your Company's account.
In the Billing section, you can buy new credits for sending or registering documents through the blockchain, review credits spending, download invoices, and manage your billing details. You also have direct access to the latest price list.
My profile, where you can edit your personal data, add your phone number, manage your blockchain keys, change your password, and upload your photo or avatar image.
(7) Company logo: Clicking on your company logo or company name opens the Company profile page.
(8) Account balance: Here the number of credits you have available on your account is displayed. Click the number for a detailed summary of your credits. While the majority of document types can be sent for free, some specific documents have an associated cost. Visit CargoX Platform pricing policy for more info. The total price of the envelope (in credits) can be seen when composing a new envelope.
(9) Notifications: The bell icon will display a red circle with a number of unread notifications. Clicking this icon opens the notifications listing, where notifications regarding received envelopes, new contacts, blockchain keys, etc., are displayed. Notifications are actionable so click on them to access specific actions!
(10) Your photo / avatar image: This allows you to check whether your blockchain key is locked or unlocked, and it provides a shortcut to your profile and other settings. It initially shows your initials, and once you upload your photo it will show your face or another avatar image.
(11) Workspace customization: Here you can decide on the envelope and document view, and the way how envelopes are sorted in the folder view.
(12) Support chat: Have a problem or a question? Click the green chat icon to open real-time chat with our support staff. Life support is available every workday 8 am - 8 pm (UTC+2). Other ways to get help.